Information for Applicants

Arriving in Germany

After arriving in Germany you have to register with the Foreigner’s Registration Authority (Ausländerbehörde) in order to obtain a residence permit. Nearest Foreigner’s Registration Authority to Clausthal is in Goslar and the address is as following:

Landkreis Goslar                            

Klubgartenstraße 6 
38640 Goslar
Telefon: 05321 76-0

Office hours: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 09:00-12:00 and Thursday 14:00-17:00

Following Documents are required for Registration: Passport, Valid Health Insurance (In Germany)Proof of Financial means, University Matriculation.

Enrolment at TU Clausthal

For Enrolment Please Contact:

Regina Nobbe

International Zentrum Clausthal

Raum: 15
Telefon: (+49) 05323/ 72-3105
Telefax: (+49) 05323/ 72-3939
E-Mail: application  at
Office hours: Mon, Wed, Thur: 10:30 – 13.00, Thur 14:00 - 16:00

Health Insurance in Germany

All International Students Studying in Germany must have an adequate health Insurance.  Students must have health insurance for both university enrolment and for registration at Foreign Registration authority. People coming from those countries who has insurance agreement with Germany are exempted but they should bring appropriate insurance proof.

Charges of German Statutory Health Insurance for students differ depending on what does the insurance cover (i.e. medical and dental treatment, medication etc.) following are some insurance providers: AOK  (Approx. 78€/Mon), Barmer-GEK (Approx. 78€/Mon)


It is recommended to arrange for accommodation before planning to travel. Apply for student accommodation at Studentenwerk or you can also look for private accommodation, in order to find suitable accommodation visit following links:

immobilienscout24            college-wohnen

Reaching Clausthal

Visit following link for all transport information DB Bahn

Financial Support

It is essential to ensure that you have sufficient funds to cover all your expenses while studying in Germany. Please assess your financial position early on and realistically before leaving your country. It is very important that you do not expect to rely on wages earned from part time work in order to finance your Master's study.For scholarship and funding information visit following links:

German Academic Exchange Service.(DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dientst))

Heinrich Boll Scholarship in Germany for international Students.

Funding your studies in Germany


Kontakt  Suche  Sitemap  Data Privacy  Imprint
© TU Clausthal 2020